Friday, June 19, 2009
a birthday song for me
since then that i was a kid
i thought of things
always with different means,
always trying for wins.
i wouldn't rest till i get,
no matter how hard,
i'll win the bet.
drop-offs and fell-downs,
wounded, a scarred clown.

***can i push it then?
wait for the moment to happen
'till i see that silver lining,
'till gods descend, hailing!
i wouldn't be contained
in this box, i won't remain.
an endless horizon
is what am heading on!

names and names
they've branded me.
no, i won't be down,
they won't see me frown!
when i look back,
and see that track
monsters defeated
storms humiliated! ***

more tears, more clouds, more thorns,
any hinders, bring it on!
i'll fight, i'll go on!
i haven't got luck, don't got charms
all there is that i've got
is my faith in God,
the love i have!***


this is a song i've written as a gift for myself. a birthday present! i thought, that i've already written poems and songs for my family, friends and of course...special someone(s) (even religious poems and songs), but i haven't written anything for myself, so the idea just came to me. the above lyrics were the only thing done and am still working on the music.

in 22 years that i live, i thought of many things, i've been from bad to worst. it's been a roller coaster ride! i thought before that i was a coward. gutless. but then, as i see the road i am in, i realize..those who got fear inside them..those who knew that anytime they could be defeated..those are the real brave. the genuine dragon slayer!

so, happy birthday myself!

Labels: ,

posted by lorderik @ 11:57 PM  
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home
 
 
 
About Me


Name: lorderik
Home: Quezon City, Malolos, Region 3/ NCR, Philippines
About Me: i desire more. am i ambitious? i love myself. am i selfish? i lust! now am a pervert? and then i fear. maybe am afraid? i am with no one. do you think am alone?
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Free Blogger Templates